My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Adventure Day 4 (Kansas, Missouri)

We arrived in Independence, MO early enough to find a hotel. Since we had a coupon from the little green hotel coupon books, we found a room at Drury Inn in Kansas City for only $49.99. I really like this hotel because it included a complimentary cocktail hour from 5:30-7pm and a hot breakfast buffet. The room had huge flat screen TV with HD too as well as free wireless.

After checking in the hotel, we went for lunch at Arthur Bryant’s Barbecue which was supposed to be “world famous.” Our two sliced barbecue sandwiches, French fries, and drinks came to $26. Then we went to the Truman Library ($8 per person) and saw all of the exhibits in there. We spent about 2 ½ hours there. I learned a lot about Truman that I didn’t know before but I was impressed with how much in love he seemed to be with Bess (his wife).

We left the Truman Library and went to Union Station. It was a lot different than Union Station in St. Louis and Washington DC. We did see a free model train exhibit and walked around the station. The grand hall was pretty awesome to see. Across from Union Station was the Liberty Memorial in honor of those who fought in WWI.

Then we left there and drove around exploring Kansas City. We saw Arrowhead Stadium where the Kansas City Chiefs play football and Kaufmann Stadium where the Kansas City Royals play baseball. There was a lot of construction going on around the baseball stadium where they were renovating it.

We arrived back at hotel in time for free cocktails and met lots of nice people. One lady was a special education teacher so we hit it off right away. We also met a nice couple from Nebraska who were here for a weekend. Now we will rest up for traveling again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great day you had. And to meet someone with your interests as well. Such a small world.