My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend in Washington

I had a board meeting in Washington DC this weekend; actually it was in Arlington, VA which is right outside DC and DC sounds much more exciting. I had a half day before the meeting started so we rushed into DC on the metro (which luckily is right down the street from our hotel) and did a whirlwind tour of the newly opened American History Museum. I love that museum and am so glad it is open again. Then we went to the Capitol to see them setting up for the inauguration since we won’t be there for it. We also went to the White House to see them setting up for the parade. It was pretty cool to see a moving van at the White House too but I don’t know whether they were moving things in or out. It was pretty exciting to see all the activity and preparations. I’m sorry I won’t be there for all the activities in person but part of me is also glad I won’t be in all the crowds, the cold, the traffic, and the chaos too. Of course, I will watch it all on TV and be much warmer and comfortable at home. You can see my pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23240330@N03/sets/72157612599749501/

No comments: