My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Comforting Word and Other Thoughts

For those of you who haven’t read my post yesterday, I am in the middle of a conflict with an organization but I’ve come to terms with it. I prayed a lot yesterday for strength and wisdom and peace. By the end of the day, I was feeling calmer and more settled. Conflict always gets my heart beating fast, makes my head ache, and I just plain feel miserable. I have been trying to read my Bible daily but don’t always succeed so yesterday I sat down to read the suggested readings.

The bible spoke directly to what I needed to hear. I read Romans 14 and here are the passages that stood out to me:
“Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God;”
“Then let us no more pass judgment on one another, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.”

I realized that I needed to get past judging and start acting the way that is best. By passing judgment, I was reacting instead of acting. I felt spiteful and mean and wanted to lash out because I was angry. I finally sat down and wrote a letter sharing my feelings in a professional, calm manner which really helped me feel better. I wasn’t even sure I wanted to attend the meeting but I will go to the meeting because that is what I was elected to do and pray that when I’m there, I will have the wisdom to do my job effectively. I can still disagree with them and I have a right to my feelings and even sharing my feelings. But I can’t let my feelings be a “stumbling block” or “hindrance” to others.

I don’t have any special plans this weekend. I will work on my prayer shawl because we have a Loving Threads meeting tomorrow night. I will probably spend a lot of time reading and doing some scrapbook pages. I started a new blog yesterday to post my photo of the day for the year. I found out I can post directly to the blog from Flickr. If you want to look, you can see it at: Loonyhiker’s 2009 Photo A Day

Original image: 'Bible with Cross Shadow' http://www.flickr.com/photos/68278595@N00/337522540by: David Campbell

6 comments:

Glynis said...

I'm praying that things will work out for you in this. Sometimes it just takes one person doing to the right thing to take a bad situation and make it better!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping that you are able to feel better about the situation. Your weekend sounds great...hope you enjoyed it.

Stephanie said...

I am sorry to read that you are having a conflict with anyone, much less one of the organizatinos you are involved with. You give so much! I hope your contentment cotinues and that this issue is resolved.

Liz McCoy said...

God certainly does have a peace that passes all understanding. I too have to pray for peace to reign in my heart and mind when dealing with confusing and conflicting issues.

Evangelesse said...

Hey Hiker! Love this entry. It speaks to my heart too.
Got your note about my recipe. You're right, I missed a line. THANKS! I'll repost it.
Happened up on your teaching blog. I am a retired teacher in SC with a freshman daughter @ Furman! Small world!

Beachcomber said...

Hugs. I hope things work out for you with this.