My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Comforting Word and Other Thoughts

For those of you who haven’t read my post yesterday, I am in the middle of a conflict with an organization but I’ve come to terms with it. I prayed a lot yesterday for strength and wisdom and peace. By the end of the day, I was feeling calmer and more settled. Conflict always gets my heart beating fast, makes my head ache, and I just plain feel miserable. I have been trying to read my Bible daily but don’t always succeed so yesterday I sat down to read the suggested readings.

The bible spoke directly to what I needed to hear. I read Romans 14 and here are the passages that stood out to me:
“Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God;”
“Then let us no more pass judgment on one another, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.”

I realized that I needed to get past judging and start acting the way that is best. By passing judgment, I was reacting instead of acting. I felt spiteful and mean and wanted to lash out because I was angry. I finally sat down and wrote a letter sharing my feelings in a professional, calm manner which really helped me feel better. I wasn’t even sure I wanted to attend the meeting but I will go to the meeting because that is what I was elected to do and pray that when I’m there, I will have the wisdom to do my job effectively. I can still disagree with them and I have a right to my feelings and even sharing my feelings. But I can’t let my feelings be a “stumbling block” or “hindrance” to others.

I don’t have any special plans this weekend. I will work on my prayer shawl because we have a Loving Threads meeting tomorrow night. I will probably spend a lot of time reading and doing some scrapbook pages. I started a new blog yesterday to post my photo of the day for the year. I found out I can post directly to the blog from Flickr. If you want to look, you can see it at: Loonyhiker’s 2009 Photo A Day

Original image: 'Bible with Cross Shadow' http://www.flickr.com/photos/68278595@N00/337522540by: David Campbell

6 comments:

glynis said...

I'm praying that things will work out for you in this. Sometimes it just takes one person doing to the right thing to take a bad situation and make it better!

Aramelle said...

I am hoping that you are able to feel better about the situation. Your weekend sounds great...hope you enjoyed it.

Stephanie said...

I am sorry to read that you are having a conflict with anyone, much less one of the organizatinos you are involved with. You give so much! I hope your contentment cotinues and that this issue is resolved.

Liz McCoy said...

God certainly does have a peace that passes all understanding. I too have to pray for peace to reign in my heart and mind when dealing with confusing and conflicting issues.

Life Psalm; Pixel Punkin; Digimaniac said...

Hey Hiker! Love this entry. It speaks to my heart too.
Got your note about my recipe. You're right, I missed a line. THANKS! I'll repost it.
Happened up on your teaching blog. I am a retired teacher in SC with a freshman daughter @ Furman! Small world!

Beachcomber said...

Hugs. I hope things work out for you with this.