My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Punch the Clock

Blog Prompt: Today is Punch the Clock Day. Describe the best day you have had this month.

According to the web site, no one knows why this day is important or why anyone would want to celebrate punching the clock. I think it would be great to symbolize having a great day! Since I retired, most days are the same and I’m happy that way. When we are home I do chores around the house, play on my computer, read and either crochet or knit. This month we went to Washington DC right before the inauguration for a CEC meeting. I was free the morning before my meeting started so we visited the National American History Museum which reopened in November. It has been closed for a couple of years for renovation and I have missed going there because it is my favorite museum. After spending the whole morning at the museum and then eating lunch in Chinatown, we walked around the national mall and saw them setting up for the inauguration. My pictures can be found on Flickr here. I loved seeing everything before the crowds were there and then seeing it on TV when it was packed. I kept saying that we were there and saw that! It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have not had a good day this month, LOL. Today was better but....