My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Popcorn

Blog Prompt: Today is National Popcorn Day. Do you like or dislike popcorn and why?

I am sitting here eating popcorn as I write this. Yes, I love popcorn but only if it is good and salty. I don’t like kettle corn that tastes sweet and salty though. I have good memories from college of having popcorn parties with my roommate while we watched old Mary Tyler Moore shows. Remember the song “She’s gonna make it after all…”? We thought that was our theme song as we struggled through college. Of course back then we had ice water with our popcorn and now I’m drinking an ice cold beer. But the song still goes through my head at times.

Original image: 'Popcorn' http://www.flickr.com/photos/36045027@N00/2054102958by: Darren Hester

1 comment:

Beachcomber said...

I like mine with a butter and a little salt. Popcorn parties sound like fun.