My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Photo - not scrapped yet


Blog Prompt: Take a photo you've been meaning to scrap and write your journaling for it here.

I've been meaning to take a photo of this since the momma bird started to build the next on my side porch. Then I watched her sitting there and took a photo of that. I decided to wait and get a photo of the eggs but I never saw her leave the nest to get a photo of the eggs. I noticed lately that she wasn't sitting on the nest much and wondered if she gave up. My hubby says that I probably scared her away because I showed so much interest in her. Today I brought my tall ladder over to the nest and thought I would see unopened eggs. Was I surprised when I saw the baby birds! I hope she doesn't mind that I took a picture of her babies!

5 comments:

Stephani said...

What an amazing photo. So cool! What a neat thing to watch this tiny little birds grow. I am always so amazed at nests! They are so well built and birds build new ones everytime they lay eggs. It is truly incredible. What kind of birds are they? Great journaling!! This will be a fabbity page!

Unknown said...

What a cute chick. How neat that you got to watch the whole process.

Unknown said...

Awesome picture. And as long as you didn't touch the nest, the momma bird will probably be fine.

Anonymous said...

Watch out Pat. There'll be a letter in the mail from the bird's lawyer looking for royalties for publishing their picture on the Internet without getting their signature first.

mom2triplets04 said...

Aww how cute. I haven't seen any birds but lately I've been seeing baby rabbits burried in my lawn. They are so cute.