My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Makeup

Blog Prompt: Do you wear makeup? Love it or hate it? If you do wear it, is it for you or other people?

I only wear mascara and eyeliner and if I ever remember (about 5 days out of the year) I will put on a little lipstick. Because of my allergies, I can't wear foundations or lotions on my face because my skin is so sensitive. I used to wear eye shadow, but I always thought it made me look like a clown. I didn't start wearing mascara and eyeliner until about 21 years ago when I had lost all my hair except my eyebrows and eyelashes. Being Chinese, I feel my eyes look so little and I like to make them look bigger with the eyeliner. Of course if I'm going hiking or working around the house, I don't put anything on. When I started dating my hubby, I never wore any kind of makeup and he still fell in love with me.

4 comments:

Glynis said...

You're what's known as a 'natural beauty' and your hubby knew it!

heather said...

I don't think men really notice those things (eg.make-up, clothes)as much as other women do, and that's a good thing! LOL And eye-liner does make the eyes look good - I must sharpen my pencil!!

Anonymous said...

I put on lipstick in the morning. But I never remember to refresh it during the day. My sister has the knack of putting on her lipstick without needing to look in a mirror. A talent I've always admired.

Unknown said...

Having hubby ask you to marry him, is a great testimony to being natural.