My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Lucky Number

Blog Prompt: Do you have a lucky number? Why is it lucky?

13 is actually my lucky number. I don't know why 13 is lucky for me other than people think it is unlucky and I like being the opposite of most people.

Today for instance is the first day in 3 weeks that I have actually felt better. I've had this stupid sinus infection that has lingered and made me feel miserable for every day except today, the 13th. Now I can't guarantee that tomorrow I will feel better but I'm happy for today.

I also went to Walmart at 7am to get my oil changed. Last week, I went at 8:30am and they told me it would be a 3 hour wait so I left. This morning I was the first one there and was out in 30 min. While I was there, I found 2 pairs of skorts (skirt + shorts) that I have been looking for. I wanted them to be under $10 and actually fit me (which is really hard for me to find). I had hoped to find some to bring on my cruises but I haven't been able to find any. I can't believe I found 2 that I liked today for only $9.77! Today is my lucky day!

As soon as I got home I went out to do some gardening and the weeds were very cooperative. They came right out without much pulling. My yard man was mowing my neighbor's yard and I forgot to ask him yesterday when he mowed my yard, to check out my weed eater. My hubby and I tried to start it even by putting new gas and oil in it but couldn't do it so my hubby said we would have to get it repaired. Well, after fiddling with it a little, it started right up for my yard man so we won't have to take it for repairs! It is only 10:15 and already it has been my lucky day!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You and I both have the same lucky number! Seems to be doing well for you. BTW, I have a couple of those skorts from Walmart. Can't beat the price and they are cute!

Glynis said...

Its so much fun to have a 'lucky' day!

Anonymous said...

What a great day Pat. You must be hanging out for the next Friday 13th.

*love2scrap* said...

same here!! I was 13 on Friday the 13th and have loved it since I was born on the 13th!!! sounds like you had a terrific day!