My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

TV Families

Blog prompt: Was your family like the Brady Bunch, the Partridge Family or the Happy Days gang? If not, who was your family like?

My family was nothing like any of them and I hated that we weren't! I watched all 3 shows and wished that my family could be just like them. My father was the one who cooked dinner every day and then went to work. My mom sewed my clothes and never wore cute dresses like the TV moms did. My parents were much older when they had me than most parents so they didn't "pal" around with my friends like the TV parents did. The TV kids always were popular and had friends but I was more shy and quiet. I wanted so much to be like them!

2 comments:

Glynis said...

I feel the same way!

*love2scrap* said...

similar to my family: my mom sewed all my clothes, (my sister actually cooked since both parents worked), I was shy and quiet and my parents were one of the oldest in my grade! But I did have a great family in most respects... until I think of them too long! :)