My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Falling Creek Fantasy!

Blog Prompt: According to some, today is Pecan Pie Day. What food would you like today to celebrate?

I'm not a big sweet eater but since it is summer and hot, I would love this double scoop ice cream cone filled with Falling Creek Fantasy. That is the name of this ice cream mixture at a place called Dolly's in Brevard, NC. It is right at the entrance to Pisgah National Forest and after a hike, it is "required" that we go there for ice cream. Falling Creek Fantasy consists of cherry ice cream, chunks of maraschino cherries, and chunks of chocolate. I used to be a single scoop butter pecan fan until I ate this and love the mixture of cherries and chocolate. Yumm, now I really crave one but it is about a 90 min. drive for this and I haven't been hiking so I'll just dream about it for today.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

*wipes off drool* Dang girl. I think my food list just got longer.

Glynis said...

Now THAT sounds like a food to celebrate!

*love2scrap* said...

wow - that sounds like one amazing ice cream! my aunt used to live in brevard... pity I can't visit her there and try some!