My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Advice to my younger self

Blog Prompt: What advice would you give to your younger self?

If I could go back in time to talk to myself, here is the advice that I would give:
  1. Enjoy the present instead of wishing for the future.
  2. Be a better friend than you think you already are.
  3. Don't be afraid to be yourself and be proud of what you are.
  4. Be more outgoing. Other people are as shy as you are so take the first step.
  5. Get outdoors more.
  6. Be adventuresome and don't be afraid to try new things.
  7. Appreciate your parents more because they won't be around forever.
  8. Don't be afraid to stand up for what you believe in.
  9. Don't be afraid to tell people that you don't want to do something that you aren't comfortable doing.
  10. Stop thinking that everything has to always be about you. There are other people in this world!

5 comments:

Glynis said...

I don't think I'll even have to post mine...you said it all for me! I'll just link to yours LOL Really great advice.

Tammy said...

Wonderful advice for anyone!! I need to listen some of that myself.

Beachcomber said...

Great advice. You said it all for me, too.

Unknown said...

That's great advice.

Unknown said...

Excellent advice for a lifetime.