My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Excuse Not To Work

Blog Prompt: Make up a great excuse why you can't work today.

First let me start off by telling you what has to be done today. I have to wash a load of clothes, which can only be done if I'm home. Usually I start a load even if I'm leaving the house but now we think the vent came off the dryer and has blown lint all behind the washer, dryer, and stove. I have to vaccuum all of that up but can't unless hubby is home to move the appliances since 2 of them are hooked to a gas line. So, I'm stuck babysitting the washer and dryer. I also have tons of boxes to sort through that I've brought home from work when I retired which has taken over my dining room. I also have vaccuuming to do since I've seen some dirt that I either need to sweep up or vaccuum up. It's also about time to clean the bathrooms (yuck!). I also have to make 2 phone calls that I am dreading to make since I hate talking on the phone. I also have to read a couple of library books since they are only loaned out for 14 days as new books.

Well, the main reason that I can't work today is...I'm retired! I shouldn't have to do anything that I don't want to if I don't want to! There is always tomorrow. I also checked out 3 DVDs of old movies to watch and my hubby doesn't like old movies so I have to watch them while he is at work. I also have a couple of layouts to do because the deadline for the challenges are coming up. I also have to "feed the hungry layouts" because I hate to get behind since everyone is so great about leaving nice comments on mine. I guess my main excuse is that I'm just too busy to do any work!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

From one retired woman to another, I have a question. Have you found out you do more work now then you did when you worked outside of the house?? But then again, if you don't want to work that day, you don't have to.

Glynis said...

LOL Pat, your post made me smile! It's good to see that you're not wasting away since you've retired :)

Unknown said...

A great excuse. I think I've been milking the "I've had surgery" excuse too long. Pan quit cleaning, LOL.

Stephani said...

Ahhhh....you just need some to to reaclimate. Just do what you want for a while. Take a vacation! lol! lol! That is the TERRIFIC part about being retired. You don't have to do it if you don't want to. There is always tomorrow right! lol! lol! :)