My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Future Discovery

Blog Prompt: What future discovery do you eagerly await? Why?

I hope in the near future they will find a cure for lupus. My oldest sister died from it in 1974 and my mother had it when she died. My middle sister has it and suffers from it every day. Even my cousins have it on my mother's side but I'm the only one I know that doesn't have it. I've given my blood in hopes of finding a cure. I don't know if its the exercise or eating habits or what that has kept it from me, but I hope I will continue to avoid getting lupus so they can use my blood to find a cure. I hear of many friends and acquaintances who are being diagnosed with it and I also hope that new ways will be found to treat it until they find the cure.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Another sad disease that robs the young. It is a miracle that you are a lucky one. Or is it luck? Maybe you do have that special gene that will find a cure some day.

Unknown said...

I hope they find a cure for this sometime soon. What a great idea to give blood to see if that will help find a cure or even what genes it is carried on.

Glynis said...

That will be a wonderful day, won't it? Great answer.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of lupus before Pat. But it sounds horrible. I hope you continue to avoid it and that a cure is found soon.