My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Creative Juices

Blog Prompt: What helps stir your creative juices? When you're feeling like you need some inspiration, where do you go? What do you do? Who do you talk with?
First of all, I'm the least creative in my family so it takes a whole lot to stir any creative juices I might have. My mother was an expert seamstress, knitter, crafts person. My oldest sister was an excellent artist. My middle sister can sew, crochet, weave and bake fantastic stuff! Then there is me. I used to do a lot of cross stitch but the designs were already made so I didn't feel very creative at that. Other than that, digital scrapbooking is the first creative thing I've done. When I can't figure out what to do, I usually go to my Favorites folder and see what layouts I really liked and try to copy the design. I alter them a little bit to make them my own, but I feel really good about it when I'm done. I haven't gotten the design rules down yet, so I just go with what makes me feel good. That is why I save the layouts that really seem to call out to me. I figure if I like them, they must have the right design so I'll use them as a pattern. Another thing that may inspire me is when I'm out hiking and have a photographic moment. Then as I hike, I start thinking about how I want to scrap it and with what color papers and so on. My poor hubby has to listen to this conversation and of course we argue about it because he thinks he knows everything! (and I let him think that sometimes!)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You are just like me. Have to look in the fav folder to see whats out there. It's just not fair. Some of that should be spread out a bit.

Glynis said...

I feel the same...I think digi scrapping has finally allowed my creativity to come out. And I don't know the design rules yet, either, but I know what I like!