My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Worst Meal

Blog Prompt: What was the worst meal you ever had?Describe it in detail! Make us taste it!

The worst meal that I've ever had (and believe me, the way I cook, I've had plenty!) has got to be leg of lamb. My parents used to cook this for dinner when I lived at home. My dad still loves to eat it even now. I hated the thought of a little lamb squealing maaaaaaaa before they killed it. Keep in mind, I have no problems with cows or pigs! I hate the texture of lamb in my mouth. The other problem is that they always served it with this green mint jelly. Now, if they have to serve lamb with something to cover up the flavor, what's wrong with this picture? And to make matters worse, I was not allowed up from the table until I finished all my food on my plate. I used to sit there picturing me old, with gray hair and wrinkles, still sitting there! Yuck!

4 comments:

Glynis said...

LOL Pat--I can just imagine you sitting there ! I've never had lamb, but it always looks good when they make it on Food TV!

Michelle said...

i like lamb but i don't think i would like it with the jelly. you sitting at the table, old and gray! LOL! thanks for the vision!

Unknown said...

funny, i dont really like meat at all but lamb is the only one i can tolerate! i do feel bad about having to kill a baby animal so i can eat it tho..

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, that reminds me of the pre-wedding party my ex's folks threw for us. When in the kitchen they told me to help myself to the young, tender Bambi they cooked. I never, ever would eat deer again after that.