My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Words of Today

Blog Prompt: Yesterday we talked about phrases from your past. Now let's jot down some phrases from your present!List some phrases that you hear your spouse (or other family member) saying a lot. Or, for something different, take note of some of the funny things that come out of the mouths of the kids in your life!

We have had a saying in our house for years that we continue to say just about every day. "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!" We include each other in that saying. My hubby never says bad things about especially in public. We don't cut each other down the way some couples do and I think that has helped our relationship for the past almost 25 years.

Another saying I use at home and in the classroom is "You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." My students tell me that I'm teaching them to kiss up to people and I say, whatever works! What is the harm in being nice to people? Which goes along with the saying "Kill them with kindness!" especially if its people you don't like or can't get along with. This is really hard for teenagers to do. And of course the good old saying " What goes around, comes around" which is the modern way of saying "Do unto others as you would want them to do to you." I try to remember that especially when I'm mad at people!

4 comments:

Glynis said...

I try to live my life by those rules, too...but, oh boy, there are some people that make it hard!! :)

Stephani said...

Me too! I totally believe that kindness kills especially the really nasty mean people! I say that ALL the time!!!

Unknown said...

great words of wisdom to live by. wouldnt the world be a great place if everyone did!

Unknown said...

Excellent words of advise from an excellent teacher. Pan and I don't cut each other down in public (or in front of famiy either); but we do sometimes when we are alone. Probably not the best thing but it does allow us to get things off our chests so to speak.