My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Mondays

Blog Prompt: “It’s just another manic Monday…” Write about why you like (or don’t like) Mondays.

Mondays are usually good days for me because I feel rested from the weekend. I have a whole week to get things done that I need to do so I don't feel overwhelmed. I don't worry about lesson plans for next week until Wednesday and I try to plan parent meetings for Thursdays. My students have either had fun this past weekend and can't wait to tell me about it or they are tired from all the excitement and are quiet or they were bored and are glad to be back in school. So no matter what, I can't lose. My students are usually on their best behavior on Mondays. Of course they pick up on my mood I believe so I try to be upbeat and positive on Mondays. Like Martha Stewart would say: Mondays, its a good thing.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

what a great attitude about a (sometimes) nasty day! wish i was in your classroom!

Laura said...

That is a great way to face a day that most people think is a bad day. The kids must really enjoy having you for a teacher.

Unknown said...

You are my kind of teacher..... Happy Monday.

Unknown said...

I really like your attitude. :) I wish there were more teachers like you. :)