My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

For Once In My Life

Blog Prompt: List all of the things that have happened to you only once in your entire life.

1. Got married
2. Graduated from college
3. Won Teacher of the Year for my school
4. Got Top 10 finalist for Teacher of the Year from my district
5. Had a hysterectomy (wooo hooo!)
6. Put a boa around my neck in Nassau (and I wasn't even drinking!)
7. Went biking in Belize
8. Walked on the Great Wall of China
9. Took a 7 day cruise down the Yangtze River before they dammed it up.
10. Went to Xian in China to see the terra cotta soldiers
11. Went to Rome, Naples, Sicily, and Venice in Italy on a cruise
12. Went to see the Pompei Ruins in Italy
13. Went to Dubrovnik, Croatia and walked the wall around the old city
14. Went to see the changing of the guard in Monaco where Princess Grace lived
15. Went to Paris, France for 7 days
16. Went to London, England for 3 days
17. Became a National Board Certified Teacher
18. Lost my mother to emphysema
19. Lost my sister to lupus
20. Retired!

4 comments:

mom2triplets04 said...

Congratulations on your teaching accomplishments. Wow, you certainly have traveled around. I haven't been out of the USA besides the caribbean and Canada. One day I'd like to venture to Europe but I'm sure it won't be until my children are teenagers or older.

Michelle said...

wow, lots of firsts! glad to see its a nice assortment-good and not so good. makes life more fun! great list!

samm said...

wow this is a very impressive list as a fellow teacher I sure congratulate you on your awards as to win them you must work extremely hard and have a real passion for teaching. In reply to your question about me going to Bali with out Donn that is me being torn in two trying to meet the wants of my family and to keep them happy and to some extent putting their happiness before my own it's jsut a bit of a mess right now.

Unknown said...

That is some list. What a wonderful life.