My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Memorable Summer Vacation

Blog Prompt: What was your most memorable summer vacation?

My most memorable summer vacation was when we did a 30 day tour of China. I had always dreamed of going there but never believed that it would ever happen. Growing up, I had heard stories of my father’s homeland and the place where both my sisters were born but it was like a fairy tale to me. My wonderful husband is constantly trying to make all my dreams come true so we booked the tour in 2000. We went all China seeing all the tourist things I’ve read about and even did more. We started in Beijing where we walked along the Great Wall, saw the Forbidden City and walked around Tienneman Square. We also went to Shanghai and walked along Nanking Rd. The 7 day cruise down the Yangtze River was awesome and we saw the Three Gorges Dam being built which made the cruise even more important because we were seeing things that eventually would be all under water when the dam was finished. We also saw the Terra cotta soldiers in Xian and had shirts made for Don in Hong Kong. I know we stopped in other smaller places and even went to someone’s house for tea. It was a trip that I will never forget.

Travel Notes:
We got back to Port Canaveral yesterday and when we got off the ship, the van was there to take us back to our hotel. Someone fell on the gangway getting off the ship which delayed getting off for about 30 min while emergency people took care of her. We got to our car and checked in to the Hilton without any problems and then ate lunch. After lunch we came back to our room and took a 3 hour nap (only got about 3 hrs. sleep the night before because of the late night comedy show). Then we went out for dinner but Don felt sick and had to leave the restaurant. I think he is just exhausted from all the fun!

Today we take a shuttle to the Carnival Glory. I’m really excited because we like Carnival ships. The captain is the same one who was on our ship in Italy so I’m hoping we get to meet him again.
Original image: 'Badaling Great Wall in the summer' http://www.flickr.com/photos/8569394@N07/3496613091 by: Jeremy Barwick

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow Pat. I love reading about all your adventures and isn't it wonderful to get to do all those things.