My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Back to Port Canaveral

Yesterday we had a beautiful day at CocoCay which is a private island owned by Royal Caribbean. At 8:30am we took a tender to the island and stayed there until 1:30pm. There were lots of activities on the island like snorkeling, water park, children’s area, and lots of chairs and hammocks. We walked along the beach to one end of the island and then took a tram back to our lounge chairs. While we were in the water we saw a small shark, lots of jellyfish and stingrays swimming around us. Some people got stung by jellyfish and the snorkel shop was putting vinegar on the stings. After seeing the jellyfish, I decided not to spend too much time in the water.

When we came back on the ship, we went to the movie The Proprosal with Sandra Bullock and it was a funny entertaining movie. After the movie, we went back to the cabin and packed our suitcases.

The Farewell show for second seating was at 7pm and then we had dinner at 8;30. At 11pm, we went to the adult comedy show by Miguel Washington.

Today we arrive back in Port Canaveral and our reservation at the Hilton for the night. Tomorrow we leave on the Carnival Glory.

(Will update with pictures tonight when I’m in the hotel room. I left my camera in the cabin and it is only 5:30am so I don’t want to wake my hubby up to get it!)

Wednesday’s prompt: In high school were your classes geared more for college or starting work right out of school?

I was definitely working towards college because I knew I was going to be a teacher. I had wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl in elementary school. Since I had always known my goal, I never imagined that my life would ever turn out differently. I applied to a private out of state school without even knowing how I would pay for it. When I got accepted on early admission, I just knew that God would take care of me and the funding would fall in place. I don’t know if I was just naïve or stupid, but I didn’t worry about the financial aspect and with scholarships and loans, everything went according to plans.

No comments: