My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Traditions and Adventure Day 26 (Oregon)



Blog prompt: April 12 was Easter. For me, Easter is also a big celebration of spring, a time of rebirth. How does the spring season make you feel? Do you have any spring traditions that you do?

Lately our tradition for spring and Easter has been to travel across the country. When my girls were little, we used to dye Easter eggs and eat chocolate bunnies. When I was a little girl, we used to dye eggs but I was allergic to chocolate and had to eat those yucky white bunnies. Now I just plan on itching and eat the chocolate ones!

Travel Notes:

Today we left Newport and headed south along Hwy. 101 along the coast of Oregon. We stopped along the way to see lighthouses and the coast. We took a hike to a giant spruce tree. We just enjoyed the drive and the views today.

See more pictures on Flickr – Click HERE.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Pat what a beautiful picture you have with the ocean. Love it!!

Unknown said...

When my kids were little we use to dye eggs. Now we use plastic ones for the grands. Except this year when we actually dyed eggs and now I know why we went to plastic, LOL. Love your pictures. You should make them into a coffee table book when you get home. The pictures rival any professional. :)