My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Postal Costs and Adventure Day 16 (Washington)

Blog prompt: Today is Pony Express Day. If the post office decided to increase the cost to mail a letter, what would you have to say about this?

I would say that I am going to send as little mail as possible. I have already told my family that I no longer send out birthday, anniversary, or Christmas cards because I think there are other ways to let my family know that I love them. I would rather spend the $6 that it practically costs me to mail a card on something else for them when I see them. Since everyone in my family agrees, no one sends cards any more so there are no hurt feelings. Instead, we all agreed we would rather have a phone call.

Travel Notes:

Don and I walked to the Pike Street Market but were too early. Most of the booths were not open yet so we went back to the exhibit hall in order to talk to the exhibitors. I had a nice chat with most of them and everyone seemed pretty happy. I did notice that our number of exhibitors were smaller than in the past. After that, we went back to the market and had homemade macaroni and cheese at Beechers. We walked around the market before I had to get back to my meetings. Don rode the monorail to the World’s Fair site but he said it wasn’t much to see. I went to a 12:00 meeting with Scholastic and found out more about their new product: System 44. From 1:30-4:30 we had the Representative Assembly and then at 5:00, we had the Yes I Can Awards. That is one of my favorite events and Danny O’Flaherty sang for us again. After that, Don and I went out to dinner with Kay, Laura, and Cindy. We went to Anthony’s Pier 66 and the food was wonderful.

You can see more pictures on Flickr - click HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally agree with the post. I don't think I have mailed anything in years, except to my sons when they were overseas. And occasional gifts which go UPS.

Sounds like you are still have a great time. :)