My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Adventure Day 17 (Washington)

Travel Notes:

Today started early with my presentation at the State Presidents/Provincial Units meeting on Connecting with Members. I was worried that the participants would be bored but they seemed to be really interested in the presentation. They asked lots of questions and afterwards actually came up and asked me if I would be interested in speaking to their groups. What an honor! I was thrilled to be asked and felt like I really had an impact on this group.

After breakfast, I had an hour to rest before I had to go to the Teacher of the Year luncheon. Danny O’Flaherty sang to us again and I really love his music! It was really good too and the keynote speaker was really funny. I was glad I went there.

After lunch it was time to go to the Representative Assembly which lasted until 4:15. That was the last event of the conference. Even though I was tired, I couldn’t wait to check out downtown with my husband.

We took the monorail to the Space Needle and walked around. We didn’t go to the top but I liked walking around the area where the World’s Fair took place. Then we walked back to the hotel along the waterfront rather than taking the monorail back. We ended up at the food court for dinner and got food from Sbarros. By the way, the elevator has a button labeled “earthquake” in it but I can’t find anyone to tell me what happens when you push it. Maybe I will ask someone from the hotel.

It was a full day and I’m pooped. Tomorrow we will be on the road again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to find out about the earthquake button, LOL. I knew your presention would go well.