My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, August 03, 2009

Sports

Blog Prompt - Today is Sports Day and I know I can't wait for football season to start. Are you a sports fan and do you enjoy participating in sports or just watching on the sidelines?

I am more of a cheerleader than a participant. I don’t like competing against others because I hate the stress and the anxiety. I remember having to be in an accordion competition and the stress of trying to be perfect made me feel awful. I ended up 5th in the state for my age group but I hated every minute of it! If I play team sports and mess up, I feel like I have let the whole team down and they will hate me. I guess it is because I was never good at sports. Since I always wore thick glasses and was very near sighted, I did not have good eye-hand coordination and peripheral vision so I was always missing the ball whether it was basketball, softball, or tennis. When I began to teach on the high school level, I have enjoyed going to the girl’s softball and basketball games to cheer them on. I always think that girl’s sports does not get the recognition or support that boy’s sports do.

Original image: 'At Bat' http://www.flickr.com/photos/8136496@N05/2443934851 by: Terren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I really hated letting teammates down. And I do think girl's sports don't usually get good pr. Except here. Our newspaper reports both hs teams equally. But that is not the norm.