My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brownie Troop

Blog Prompt - Today is when the first Scout Camp was opened. Were you a Girl Scout or did you go to a Scout Camp?

When I was a little girl, I was in the brownies. I loved my little brown dress with my brown cap. I remember having to bring money for something each week and I know that I felt uncomfortable with this because even as a little girl, I knew that we didn’t have money to spare. I also had a brown tie that I couldn’t ever tie right. To this day, I can’t tie a tie. The only craft that I remember doing is spreading peanut butter on pine cones for the birds in the winter. I’m not sure I even finished going the rest of the school year but I never went back again.

I found a picture on google of an outfit like I wore. I wish I had one of me in the uniform and maybe someday I will come across it.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_B1WAddU7SqA/RdvQ-I6mIkI/AAAAAAAAIH8/1RQWKdN5A2U/DSC_0080.jpg

No comments: