My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Blog Prompt - Seventy years ago today the Wizard of Oz premiered. What is your favorite children's movie?

I really like Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I don’t mean the new one with Johnny Depp but the 1971 one with Gene Wilder and Jack Albertson. I think the story has such great messages and color and excitement. I used to show my class this movie every year and we would discuss the different children.

Here are my two favorite quotes from the movie:


Willy Wonka: [singing] There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.


Willy Wonka: We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

I hadn't seen that one in years, until this spring when I was volunteering in Jackson's class and the teacher showed it. The kids enjoyed it a lot and I'd forgotten how clever and fun it is!

CC said...

Fun! I loved Pollyanna when I was little, but I'm not sure I could handle that one any more....

I'll say Sound of Music or Mary Poppins.