My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

La Romana 12/3/08

We had breakfast in the dining room with Penn and 2 other couples. One woman was a group home director for mentally disabled women and her husband was a jewelry designer. The other couple were retired (he retired from the post office and she retired as an accountant). Then after breakfast we got off the ship. The four of us took the $5 (round trip) shuttle to Casa de Campo which was a private resort. It was interesting to see how much this area has changed since we were here last time. We found a market where Penn bought a huge bottle of Presidente beer along with cups and we all shared it. I saw a leather handbag for $565 US dollars which was pretty but I don’t think it was worth all that money. Finally we returned to the ship and had lunch. I watched the Willie Nelson concert on the big screen TV near the pool and knitted while Don wandered all over the ship. Finally we decided to go take our nap and woke up in time to see us leave the port. At7:30 we had the Past Guest Cocktail hour and then dinner. The show had a comedian and a singer/comedian. It was a fun day.

No comments: