My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Charleston 12/29/08

We left my parents home in WPB this morning and headed towards South Carolina. Nancy and Ray (my sister in law and brother in law) planned on camping at James Island County Park and seeing the Festival of Lights so they invited us to visit them. We arrived around 4:30 and had a wonderful lasagna dinner and salad before we rode a bus around the park to see the lights. There are about 3 million lights and many of them were animated. It is impossible to describe how awesome all of this was. My favorite was the Ravenel Bridge/Cooper River Bridge. After the bus ride, we walked around Santa’s Village and enjoyed some of the giant greeting cards done by school kids. There was also a huge sand sculpture of a holiday scene. We tried to take the train ride but it was sold out and we would have had to wait almost 2 hours to get on the next available train so we thought we’d skip it this year. Then we returned to their RV for the night. What a wonderful way to spend the evening! We will head for home in the morning.

No comments: