My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Stressed or Prepared?

Blog Prompt: You have an important meeting this morning. Are you running around rushed and stressed or are you prepared?

I would like to imagine that I would be prepared because I'm retired now and should have plenty of time for this. I usually like to have things ready for a meeting at least a week in advance in case I hit any snags.

Now, on the other hand, I have an important meeting scheduled for Nov. 7 and I'm starting to stress out about it. I feel like a procrastinator because I don't have anything solidly done yet but I have lots of ideas floating in my mind. I will be doing 2 hour professional development seminar for 30 people who work at the Literacy Association. I was asked to share my knowledge of teaching disabled students to the staff so they can be more effective. I have all these great thoughts but I just need to sit down and start putting in altogether.

Today's prompt was like a kick in the butt and reminded me that I need to get busy so that I will be prepared and not rushed and stressed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't mean to be a kick in the butt, but if it helps you get prepared I'm glad I did it, LOL.

Tammy said...

Now Pat. I know you won't have any problems getting ready for this meeting. You will do great!

Anonymous said...

Oh Pat...I'm sure you are going to be great!!! you are a prefectionist!!! ;) LOL

Just start and and stop worrying LOL. I know how you feel...;)

Your blog is so much fun!!! and you rlayouts rock!!! I showed my hubby some of your adventure pages and he looked at me and said: "why don't you ask her to give you some classes and teach you how to enjoy nature more? LOL

Ok amiga, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweetc omments!!!.

Hugs & kisses,

Mariquita

Stephani said...

I agree 100% you will do GRREAT! You are such a well presented person from everything I know about you. Professional to the very end. GO GET UM! This was a wake up call to me too. I am going to move my alarm clock across the room RIGHT NOW! No more rushing around for me!! lol! lol!