My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Simplify Life

Blog Prompt: Simplify life. We all have them, those household items that we purchase for one thing and then end up using them for another. What items do you have that serve double duty?

I guess the one thing I use the most are Hefty ziplock bags. I use them for the following:
1. store food of course
2. ice packs
3. funnel when I'm camping
4. packing clothes (I put all my underwear in one, tops in another etc. and punch a few holes in them to let the air out. When they search the bags in the airport, all of my things stay together.)
5. store credit card receipts for tax purposes
6. hold cuttings of plants that I get from other gardeners
7. hold seashells when I go to the beach
8. protect camera in my backpack from rain

I'm sure I use them for other things too but I can't think of anymore right now.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Great response. I do that too!!

Stephani said...

Ohhhh! That is wonderful. I never thought of using them in my suitcase. I always put my shampoo bottles in them when traveling but never clothing. I am going to have to try that. What GRREAT uses for plastic baggies! COOOOOOL!

P.S. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog prompts. I know it is a lot to read all at once. You totally and completely made my whole day! Thank you so very much!

Unknown said...

I, also, never thought of using in my suitcase. Will do so from now on though.

Unknown said...

I have never thought about using them for clothes. I have used them for my shampoo & stuff that could spill but not for clothes. What a great tip that I can use in about a months time.

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

Oh, I love ziploc baggies!!! Aren't they just the greatest invention!!!

ArcaneFaery said...

Yes, plastic bags are the bomb. They hold lots off odd stuff for us, too, especially the litterbox chore!