My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Attention to Detail

Blog Prompt: Attention to Detail. When people come to your home what is the first thing you want them to see and why?

The first thing I like them to see is how big it is. My home is a very old house right downtown that was built around the 1920s. It used to be a 2 story house but the elderly couple couldn't get upstairs so they chopped off the top story. The house had one of those huge entryways with a staircase so they took out the staircase and made 30 percent of it into the foyer and the rest became the master bedroom. This means my bedroom has 3 doors: one goes to a small hallway to my hubby's bathroom and one goes out to the livingroom and another to the kitchen. I have front porch and a side porch and a back deck also. We added on a huge playroom for my hot tub, pool table, bathroom, and big screen TV. My hubby has an office for his postcards, trains, and junk he collects from flea markets and I have an office filled with books, my accordion, and school stuff. My office is also the guest room with a bathroom. We have a huge livingroom and diningroom with a bow window that I love but unfortunately we never spend any time in those 2 rooms. I really enjoy living in my house.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds heavenly. Kind of reminds me, just a little mind you, of one the ex and I lived in.

Tammy said...

Wow Pat. That sounds great! I love the older houses like that. And you must make a layout with your accordion.

Jennifer Giuffre said...

Sounds great and spacious! Love large bedrooms and bathrooms!

Unknown said...

That house sounds wonderful.

Sandra said...

Holy Cats, it sounds divine. I'd love to live in one of them old beauties, but my husband gets creeped out by old houses. {sigh}

Stephani said...

Ohhhhh I love big giant old houses! It sounds terrific!!!!!