My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Shoes

I am not a big shoes expert. I have one pair of black shoes with a heel that I wear with dress pants. Then I have a pair of black pumps to wear with my dresses when it is cold and a pair of black sandals with a low heel to wear with my dresses when it is warmer. I have a pair of reebok tennis shoes I wear all other times when it is cold and a pair of Teva sandals (my sister calls them Jesus sandals) that I wear when it is warmer. The only other thing I own are a pair of black rubber clogs I wear when we are camping or wading in the rivers because they are comfortable, fast drying, and lightweight. Of course I have other shoes that I haven't worn in years but I hang onto for sentimental reasons or I might someday want to wear them again. I'm kicking myself for getting rid of my 20 year old Dr. Scholl wooden sandals that I bought at Walmart for about $7 and now I want another pair and I can't find them locally (but they are on the internet for $35 plus shipping). I also used to have a pair of black stylish boots that I had for 20 years and finally threw out when we moved. Of course, here they are back in style and I don't have them anymore. Oh well, that's the way life goes.

6 comments:

heather said...

Don't you hate that when you finally throw something out then you need it back!?! I must have thrown out my brown lace-up boots one time because they disappeared and I've been wanting them back ever since lol

Glynis said...

Your closet sounds a lot like mine!

Unknown said...

Fortunately, if I need a pair of shoes that I don't have, I can always borrow the Princess'. LOL 8 years old and she wears the same size as I do. And I hate it when I finally have to through a pair of shoes away. That's just when they are getting comfortable.

Tammy said...

Don't you just hate that!! When you throw something away and it comes back in style. I guess thats why I haven't thrown away my shoes. I have some that are 30 years old. Dr. Scholl shoes were cool!!

Unknown said...

It is very annoying when you throw something out & then a few months later you really need them.

Sandra said...

Jesus sandals! Yes, Tevas remind me a little of ancient middle eastern footwear. I loved Tevas.

Great little post. So you're a shoe minimalist...that's a good thing.