My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cooking abilities

Blog Prompt: Describe your cooking skills as a newlywed. If you're not yet married, describe your cooking skills when you first moved out on your own.

First of all, let me start by saying it is not MY fault!! I was spoiled growing up and then my hubby spoiled me when we got married so I'm still spoiled.

On our first date, I invited future hubby for dinner, never thinking he would accept. It was a Sunday and the blue laws were strictly enforced in the south back then. Once he accepted, I realized I was in trouble but I was so smitten I didn't tell him I didn't have any food or drink in the apartment. When we got to my apartment I fixed him a boil-in-bag lasagna (drop bag in boiling water for 5 min.)This meal served one person and I had one beer in the refrigerator. We shared the meal but I was so in love, I didn't taste a bit. I don't know why he didn't run away but he came back for another date. When we got married I didn't know how to cook any better so Don did most of the cooking. He loved to cook and dirtied about every pot in the kitchen. I knew how to make some dishes but he complained that I cooked "yankee" and he ate "southern". So, for the past 24 years we have eaten out more than we've ever cooked at home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a romantic story! Scrap it!!

And I'm not going to laugh - I need a Don of my own to cook for me!!

Anonymous said...

Great story!! Some days I wish I never learned to cook...life would be much easier...LOL!

Glynis said...

Love the story, Pat!! It makes me think of the spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp--sharing a meal and being in love...what a wonderful combination!

Anonymous said...

what a guy!!! Must have been true love - I know some men who specifically searched out the girls who would fill their tummy. (I was never one of those!)

Anonymous said...

THAT IS GREAT!!!! TRUE LOVE!! I cracked up when I read that for 24 years you've eaten out more than in!!! There's hope for me!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm on my way to your last 24 years of eating out. ;)