My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm Different

Blog Prompt: What sets you apart from the crowd?

This is easy! I'm Loony! Loon was actually my maiden name so you can imagine what kids in school did with that. Plus I was the only Chinese kid in my classes all through school which made me stick out like a sore thumb. Kids are not kind to those who are different. Since I was called loony, I decided that I needed to get a good sense of humor which has kept me out of many "fights" growing up.

Now that I'm grown up (at least by chronological age), I am different. I seem to have a different perspective on teaching than many of my colleagues. Every year I spend a lot of time working with parents and families to help my kids be successful. My husband and I support the athletic teams even though I don't teach the kids.

I seem to have an eclectic group of friends who are very different from one another. Some times many of them clash but I get along with them all. I don't see to fit in a particular clique but have different friends to do different activities with. I have friends who just graduated from college and I have friends who are 90 years old and friends who are ages in between the two. I guess my life is a lot like the quote: "Strangers are friends I haven't met yet!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that quote!!! what a wonderful outlook on life you have - I smiled just reading your blog today!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

I must admit to wondering what the Loonyhiker tag was about Pat. I wondered if you did strange things on your hikes.
I agree, there's nothing like being 'different' from the other kids to help develop a strong sense of humour as a defence mechanism.

carin.c said...

Karen's comment about your tag had me chuckling. You are a free spirit and sometimes I even suspect a guardian angel. Keep on being looney. :)

Glynis said...

You do just seem so friendly and the more I get to know you, the more I'm sure you're a wonderful friend.

Anonymous said...

you have such a great outlook on life! I bet you are a wonderful friend!

Unknown said...

A terrific way to look at life. Guess I should have included the looks I get when I am out with my grandkids. The Princess is half Filipino and Ballerina is half Japanese and everyone always asks if we adopted.

Jan said...

There should be MORE 'different' people like you in this world. After having the privilege of rubbing elbows, literally, with you for two weeks last month (12/2010), I can vouch for you. To you, 'strangers' truly are friends you haven't met yet.

Thanks for being a special friend to me.

(Hugs to hubby, too!!)

;j an