My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

What a wonderful weekend I'm having! I actually dreaded it because yesterday would have been my sister's 60th birthday if you had been alive. She died in 1974 when I was just a teenager but I still miss her and her birthday just makes me sad sometimes. Well, even though I love my husband to distraction, he usually isn't the most sensitive about things like this so I was pleasantly surprised how caring he was yesterday. He spent the whole day watching Christmas chick flicks on TV with me. I scrapped 2 pages and he never once complained about all the time I was on the computer. We went out for lunch and for dinner, he never once whined about what was I cooking for him. He ended up fixing himself some soup. It was a truly relaxing and fun day which was a relief because I had been dreading that day all week. So, this morning I woke up early and baked banana nut bread before he ever got up. I made 4 loaves: one for the fire dept., one for police dept., one for my hubby's office, and one just for him. Every year I make the bread for the fire and police depts. and there is never one for hubby so this year I decided to surprise him. He loved waking up to the wonderful smell!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your husband to help you through what could have been a difficult weekend. and mmmmmm banana bread. I can smell it from here!

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your husband to help you through what could have been a difficult weekend. and mmmmmm banana bread. I can smell it from here!

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your husband to help you through what could have been a difficult weekend. and mmmmmm banana bread. I can smell it from here!

Anonymous said...

He is the stuff true heroes are made of. Spending the day watching Christmas chick flicks with you is definitely classed as 'above and beyond the call of duty'. What a star.

Anonymous said...

how bittersweet for you... I am glad you had a great weekend and way to go baking those loafs!!