My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Holiday Songs

Blog Prompt: Do you have a favorite holiday song? Which one(s) drive you crazy?

This was easy because I was actually thinking about this the other day on the way to work. My favorite one is Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. I'm not sure that is the official name but that is what I've always called it. I grew up listening to Bing Crosby, Perry Como, and Andy Williams singing Christmas songs. We used to watch the TV specials that came on hosted by them.

The one that drives me crazy is the Barking dogs barking out Jingle Bells. I actually change the radio station if that comes on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I never even thought about the dog song. I am annoyed by it just as much as you!

Anonymous said...

I like all the classics too! and I forgot about that barking dog song, I must not have heard it yet this season. I sure hope I don't!

Glynis said...

I totally agree about the dogs barking...who decided that was a good idea?? And I think the actual name is just The Christmas Song.

Anonymous said...

lol - that would drive me crazy, too!