My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Meme

Let's have some fun today with a Christmas meme that's making the blogging rounds:

Christmas Questionnaire

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely Hot Chocolate. (Egg nog makes me shudder!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No wrapping! Isn't that why God invented gift bags??

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? I grew up with colored lights but now I only use white lights everywhere because it makes me think of twinkling stars.

4. Do you hang Mistletoe? No, but there are tons in my trees around the house so hubby uses it as an excuse to kiss me whenever we get out of the car to go into the house or leave the house (even though he doesn't need an excuse!).

5. When do you put your decorations up? Up until this year, I start Nov. 1 because I have so many. This year I just got lazy and ran out of time.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I really don't have one but I love chocolate kisses so during the holiday season I buy the ones that are green and red and silver wrapped.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to the Christmas eve candlelight service at church

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When my children were little, we opened all of our gifts in South Carolina on Christmas Eve. Then we drove all the way to Florida and opened gifts there on Christmas Day.

9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? I am going to write Santa right now and ask him if he forgot to tell me something.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I change the theme every couple of years when I get tired of it. For a few years it was covered in red bows, red apples, gold bells. Then I covered it in all gold: gold ornaments, gold bows, gold garland. Now I'm into glass antique ornaments and gold garland with a big gold bow on top.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it here in South Carolina. You enjoy it for a day or 2 and then it melts before it gets dirty.

12. Can you ice skate? I think so. I haven't done it in years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, favorite because I love them all!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing my parents in FL

15. What tops your tree? Sometimes an angel, sometimes a bow.

16. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Going on vacation

17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Definitely giving.

18. What is your favorite holiday dessert? NOT fruitcake! I love chocolate.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!!

21. What is your favorite Christmas special/movie? Miracle on 34th St. (original with Natalie Wood)

2 comments:

Glynis said...

I love all your answers, Pat! And I'm with you...egg nog makes me shudder, but I buy it for my hubby who loves the stuff--ick!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on the gift bags! I discovered how easy it was to wrap a gift with them and now I don't have a roll of paper in my house!!