My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Inspiration

I had a hard time with this one so thought about it a lot today. I get inspired by different things for different things I want to do. So finally, I decided to write about what inspires me to have a positive outlook on life.

I dragged my hubby on a hike with 17 other people up the Chattooga River. We started out by fording the river (almost thigh high) and then hiking 3 miles up the river to get to a big rock outcropping for lunch and swimming. Then we had to hike 3 miles back and ford the river again to get back to our car. Well, all this leads up to the fact that whenever I am hiking and look around at all the beauty that God has made I keep believing that if I trust in God, my life will be the way it is meant to be. Just like today's hike, sometimes life is a struggle, sometimes I have to ford a river and work hard, and sometimes I get to lazily lay out on a rock and enjoy the sunshine, or sometimes I get to go swimming and have lots of active fun. Yet, all of this is not a coincidence and I have no power over the miracles around me or what is happening in the world around me. I DO have control over how I act and react to all of this and if I believe in God, I will work hard to do what is right and what I need to do to achieve my goals.

I'm not sure if any of this makes sense because it is hard to put into words. I sometimes worry that I have a too simple minded view of God and my beliefs but for right now, it works for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And it is perfect. Just reading what you wrote was inspirational. And what was that I saw on Laura's blog? Your parents in Palm Beach, like Palm Beach, FL????? That's where my sister lives.

Unknown said...

Your comments make perfect sense. I think your beliefs are great. sounds like your hikes are lots of fun!