My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Perfect Party

Every year for the past few years, I've had a Chinese New Year's Party. I usually invite my whole hiking club (this invitation is printed in our newsletter and goes out to hundreds) and all of my close friends and family. The way we hold a party is to provide all the paper goods (paper plates, forks, napkins, cups). Everyone who comes brings a dish to share with others and it can be an appetizer, main dish, salad, dessert, or whatever you like best. Everyone brings their own drinks for themselves. This way, there is always enough food and drink for whatever number of people show up because it won't matter if you have 5 or 50 people show up. We have had anywhere from 30 to 150 people show up and had a ball! We start at 7pm and most of the people are gone by 10:00. When people leave, they take their dirty dishes with them and usually during the party, everyone helps take full trash bags out to the can and puts new bags in. Usually 3 or 4 close friends stay until 10:30 or 11pm and help clean up anything that needs to be done, which usually is very minimal. I love holding these parties and look forward to it every year!

No comments: