My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, June 02, 2006

If I went back to school...

I want to learn so many new things that I don't know where to start. I would love to take a class on either Dreamweaver or FrontPage to make better web pages. Years ago, I learned html and I use Word to make my pages. I want to learn how to do frames and make interesting web pages. I would also like to take a flower arranging class because I'm in the garden club and some of these ladies really know how to make some dynamite arrangements. I would also like to take classes on Spanish conversation. I had 8 years of French in high school and college but never Spanish. I've taken some short courses in Spanish but I never learn enough to go on to another class and always have to take beginner classes. I want to take a class that will help me take more advanced classes and really use it. I would also like to take courses in tourism or being a travel agent (not to make money, just to help me plan my vacations better!) So much to do and so little time! I feel like the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Great choices! All doable! I want to take some web design and technology classes too. And if you take those travel agent ones, let us know, I can't even find a flight across the country without hours of labor!

ArtcMom said...

Funny, I did Spanish and not French.
BTW I love what you posted on Laura's site! I had a teacher who told me to switch from art to P.E. I'd like to do the same to him that you'd like to do to your teacher!

Bethy said...

I forgot about my yearn to learn Spanish. I've taken community college classes as an adult (got all As too!!) but I've let it lapse!

Good post - reminded me of forgotten dreams!

Jane said...

Pat, I've done frames and sometimes it's not worth the effort! Also, I believe that for people who use screen readers, they can't use websites with frames, or it makes it difficult. Now nested tables... I did all mine with just tables - it's a struggle to get it right at first, but once it's done... well, it works for anything! And I'm all self-taught from free tutorials on the web :o)

Zephanee said...

Same here with all the French in high school and college. I was one class away from a minor, but couldn't fit it into my schedule. About that time, they stopped teaching French as much in elementary and middle school and focused on Spanish. But I still think French is such a beautiful language.

glynis said...

How many years did it take you to get out of high school, Pat? If you took 8 years of French? LOL Kidding...those are all great goals and like Meg said-very doable!