My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Last Time I Laughed Really Hard...

The last time I laughed really hard was this spring. My 2 mentally disabled students were going to the prom thanks to the nursing home where they did volunteer work. Unfortunately no one realized how low functioning these students are so I informed my husband that we were going to dinner and the prom with them. I checked with both sets of parents who were very relieved to hear that we would be there to guide them. The nursing home bought the prom tickets ($65 per couple), bought T. a strapless gown, rented E. a tux, got a $50 gift certificate for dinner at an elegant Italian restaurant, and provided transportation to dinner and the prom. My husband and I met them at the restaurant and we had a lovely time. (The week before, the students and I practiced our fine dining skills in class!)After dinner, we went outside to look for the driver who had not arrived yet. Since T. was cold, my husband slipped his jacket off and put it around her shoulders. We finally went into the glassed in lobby to wait for their ride. When the ride arrived, E. and I ran out to wave the driver down. A few seconds later, my usually calm, unflappable husband came flying out of the lobby and frantically grabbed my arm telling me that I had to get in there right now and help T. I couldn't imagine what could have happened in about 5 seconds but I went inside. There T. was with her boobs out of the top of her strapless gown. Apparently when she gave my husband his jacket, the gown had slipped and she couldn't get it back up unless the gown was unzipped. She had asked my husband to unzip her so she could pull her dress up. He freaked out (especially since he is a judge and could imagine this in the newspaper!) and didn't know how to handle it so he ran out to get me. After I got T. fixed back up and into the car, we got in our car to follow them to the prom. I could not stop laughing all the way to the prom. I was not laughing at T. but at my husband who has never been excitable or unable to handle any situation before this one. I had never seen him this way and it was truly hilarious (to me, but not to him!) I still giggle when I think about it!

No comments: