My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, June 19, 2006

If I Didn't Leave My House Today...

I would either get a lot of housework done or I would play on my computer all day.

Since I have been on vacation I have had to make a list of things I need to do all day or I don't feel like I accomplish much at all. Today I need to fold 3 loads of laundry, call the plumber, call Sears to get my treadmill oiled, file my bills, return library books, stop at the grocery store, buy 10 more bales of pine needles for my gardens and spread them, buy some plants for my flower pots and plant them, buy a new ink cartridge for my printer, go out to lunch with my husband, buy some new clothes that I need for a trip to Washington DC.

If I stayed home I could fold clothes, file bills, and make phone calls and play on my computer. The rest of the stuff could wait and no one would care except my husband who would eat lunch alone. He really likes to eat lunch with me during the summer.

That's what I love about summer vacation, the freedom to do what I want or not do what I don't want to do! Life is grand!

8 comments:

heather said...

Tough decisions! Love your list, sounds quite long but do-able. I'm a list maker myself, I have one for every day. If I didn't have a list I would just dream the day away :)

Judyy said...

*Waving hand* I'm another listmaker--I live by the list. And especially in the summer, like you, when I have no class schedule to structure my daily life around. The list helps me determine my own daily structure. But it IS great to be able to do that--make your own schedule--isn't it? Glad to hear you're enjoying your summer. Despite the tone of my post today, I am too.

Unknown said...

Are you sure you are on vacation, lol? I would have to make a list of the things you are doing, just to make sure I wouldn't forget anything.

Meg said...

Now those are some choices!! I vote for gardening, lunch with dh, and computer time! You're on vacation, do the rest tomorrow!!

Sandra Holmes Stanton said...

Words to live by... enjoy your summer vacation!!!

Gabby Faye said...

See what you have to look forward to in retirement? It is like endless summer.

Karen said...

And the great thing about lists is that once you have written them down you feel like you've accomplished something so you can walk away with a clear concience. Procrastination Rules!!!

Unknown said...

i never write lists which is probably why i dont get anything done! hehe bad me. i might have to start tho since it seems to work for everyone else :)