My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Birds

cardinal Blog Prompt: Today is National Bird Day. What native wild birds are flying around your area and which ones are your favorites?

We have Blue Jays, Doves, Carolina Wrens, Finches, Bluebirds and Cardinals. I’m sure we have others but I just don’t know how to identify them. When I go hiking with some friends who are bird watchers, they can give you lots of names that I have never heard of. My favorite bird is the cardinal because I love how the bright red stands out. I also like to watch them drink from my water garden right outside my window.

Original image: 'The Red Bird'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11510574@N02/3507508823 by: S Pisharam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cardinals - they have always been one of my favorites. :)

lisbonlioness said...

My favourites are robins. When my beloved aunty was buried, a little robin was messing about in a tree nearby and kept my and my Mums attention focused so we didn't break down crying, but rather thought good thoughts about the old girl.
I will, in time, get a robin- tattoo as a permanent reminder.

Unknown said...

Male cardinals are really beautiful birds. Mom has tons in her yard come spring and summer.