My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

001 Blog Prompt: Today is Lewis Carroll’s birthday. Have you ever felt like Alice in Wonderland when everything seemed very strange to you? Describe your experience.

Whenever I go to something new, whether it is to learn something new or meet people I have never met before, I feel like Alice in Wonderland. Before it happens I am so excited and I don’t think twice about signing up or planning to go. Then when I arrive, I am surrounded by people I don’t know and I don’t have anyone to talk to so it is scary. My mind is screaming at me and asking why I am even there. I ask myself why I do this to myself when I know this happens every time. In fact, I am so busy having a conversation with myself that I usually stand off to myself. Once I convince myself that since I’m already there and I won’t leave, I find someone else who is alone (and probably asking themselves the same questions). As I start up a conversation with others, I usually relax and things come back into focus. By the end of the event, I am usually glad that I went to it.

Original Photo by Pat Hensley taken on the Carnival Miracle

No comments: