My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Food Processor

On Thursday, I had a bunch of gift cards for Tanger Outlets and then for a $1 to support fighting breast cancer, I got a coupon for 25% off so I just had to buy a food processor. I had one years ago but I was too busy teaching, raising children, and enjoying life to cook. So now, I’ve decided I wanted to start cooking and trying new recipes.

The one thing I didn’t have was a food processor. First I looked at a 3 cup one but then decided I liked the features on a 7 cup one. Of course then I had to decide whether to get a Cuisinart or a Kitchen Aid but when the guy tried to show me a Kitchen Aid one, he couldn’t get it to work and the floor model was the only one available to purchase. Then since I saw the 9 cup Cuisinart would be the same price after the coupon as a 7 cup one, I decided to get it. It also has a stainless steel base which makes it so easy to clean. I have used it twice today and I already love it!

Earlier today I made 2 pans of apple crisp. Then tonight I made Braised Lentils with Spinach which was a really simple recipe. Here it is:

Braised Lentils with Spinach
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon rosemary
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 ½ cups lentils
2 cups chicken broth
1 bag baby spinach

1. Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add carrots, onions, celery, and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, rosemary, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
2. Stir in lentils, broth, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, and cook stirring, until wilted.

No comments: