My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Dictionary

Blog Prompt: Today is Dictionary Day. When did you start using a dictionary? Do you still use one?

I think I started using a dictionary as soon as I could read. I remember that I wanted to learn how to read every word in the dictionary and kept reading it probably until I was in Junior High. I never did understand why I was told to use a dictionary if I didn’t know how to spell a word because I had to know how to spell it in order to look it up. Even now I use an online dictionary when I need it because I have no idea where a paper one is in my house. Sometimes I will read an article or blog post where someone uses a word that I’m unsure of and I love finding out the meaning of new words. Okay, I confess, I’m a word junkie! LOL

Original image: 'Huge' http://www.flickr.com/photos/19007025@N05/3042766136

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh good, I'm not the only one that thinks you should know how to spell a word to be able to look it up. I can remember asking my dad how to spell words and he always replied with "look it up in the dictionary." It wasn't until I was in high school that I had the guts to explain it to him.

We are so alike in our habits. Reading a dictionary just because of our love of words. It can't get any better.