My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Military Thanks

Blog Prompt - This weekend is Armed Forces today. This holiday is celebrated by many countries and I would love to hear about someone you know who you admire in the Armed Forces.

I have a couple of online friends whose husbands are in the military (Monica and Meg). I appreciate the sacrifices that these men are making for me and I can see this through Monica’s blog: Daily Dwelling and Meg’s blog: The Pages of Our Crazy Life. Both women are alone with their children on a daily basis while their husband’s are away missing this time with their families. I truly admire both families for doing all they do and sharing their lives with me through their blogs. I have never had to be away from my husband except for 2 times in the 30 years that we have been together and I don’t think I could do it. All I can say is Thank You Monica and Meg and your families for all the sacrifices you make to keep me safe and free. I could never say in words how much I appreciate you!

Original image: 'First Phasers' http://www.flickr.com/photos/46042146@N00/1065156117 by: Randy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can only agree. You said it best. :)