My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Good Humor Truck

Blog Prompt - Today is National Grape Popsicle Day and tell me about your favorite Popsicle or ice cream treat as a child.

When I was a little girl, the Good Humor truck used to go past our house every evening. If you have previous posts, you will remember that I was a very spoiled little girl. So, it is not surprising that many nights when I heard the music from the truck, I wanted an ice cream. My favorite thing to get was a Mickey Mouse ice cream cone. It would be a ice cream cone with a cherry for a nose and non pareil chocolate wafers for it’s ears. I think that was the only thing I ever wanted from the ice cream truck.

Original image: 'Good Humor Man - Nostalgia' http://www.flickr.com/photos/20801313@N00/2609031486 by: Bob Jagendorf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't thought of the Good Humor trucks in years. We have ice cream trucks that come through the neighborhood but they aren't Good Humor. :(

But the one that really got me was when we were anchored at Crab Island and a jet ski (complete with the ice cream truck music) came by selling ice cream cones.