My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, May 01, 2009

Honesty and Adventure Day 43 (Colorado)

Blog prompt: Today is National Honesty Day. How do you feel about honesty? Do you feel like there are times that it is okay to be dishonest? If so, when?

Honesty is very important to me. It goes hand in hand with trust. If I ever find out that someone lies to me, I don’t think I am able to trust them ever again. I would rather have honesty that hurts than a lie. Once trust is broken, it can never be repaired. If I don’t feel like I can be honest, I usually try to phrase my answer in a way that isn’t a lie. For example, I would rather say something is interesting or challenging or different rather than saying I didn’t like it.

Travel Notes:

We had a glorious day today! We got up early and had a bagel before we hit the road. Then we headed up to Rocky Mountain National Park which was about a 90 minute drive. When we topped the mountain and looked down at Estes Park, we were speechless. It was a fantastic view and we even saw Elk run into the middle of traffic. We got to the visitor center at 8am when it opened and was pleasantly surprised that the Trail Ridge Rd. had just opened to Rainbow Curve yesterday. Today the road to the Alluvial Fan opened. So first we headed to Bear Lake and hiked on the snow to the lakes. It was a lot of fun but really slippery. We passed people who had snow shoes and others with skis, but we were able to hike without them. It got a little scary when we weren’t sure where the trail was and where the lake was but all was okay. The views up the Trail Ridge Rd. were awesome. We even met a mother and son who were from South Carolina. We saw lots of elk and even bighorn sheep today! We left the park and had lunch in Estes Park before heading to Boulder.

We went on a tour of the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder, CO which was free and fun! Before the tour started, we were able to sample all of the tea we wanted and I tried about eight different ones. This was a lot of fun because I tried some that I wouldn’t have bought without trying them. I liked the Echinacea, Diet Partner, and Cinnamon Apple. I tried the Red Zinger and the Chocolate Caramel Chai but I didn’t really care for them. On the tour, we were brought into the room that stores the peppermint and spearmint leaves and it cleared out my sinuses and made my eyes tear. It was about 45 minutes long and really interesting.

After the tour, we headed back to Golden, to stay at the Holiday Inn again. Tomorrow morning we will stop at CVS to refill a prescription and then head towards Wind Cave National Park in South Dakota.

To see more pictures on Flickr – Click HERE.

No comments: