My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Professional Speaker Wish

Blog Prompt: Today is Professional Speaker’s Day. If you were in charge of a meeting, who would you invite to be the speaker and why?



I would invite Jill Bolte Taylor. She is a brain scientist who had a stroke and recovered. I first heard her speak on TED Talks. Then I read her book My Stroke of Insight and then I listed to the podcasts where Oprah interviewed her on her soul series. I thought she was so inspiring that I loved to hear her story. I also felt that she had great messages for teachers and other care givers out there in order to be better at their jobs. I would love to meet her in person!

No comments: